Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Running with Purpose

After writing and publishing my first two blog posts I am finally going to 'release them into the wild' a.k.a. you, or more accurately, the World Wide Web via Facebook and my proud mother.

Hm. This is slightly nerve-wracking. My thoughts are Emily, on paper (figuratively) and kind-of indelibly. 'Kind-of' as in, I could delete and deny though once something is posted, it's well, posted...I'm letting readers into my current fears, hopes, dreams, ambitions, frustrations and stories. But there's an important reason (yes besides ego) I want people to follow this blog and it is the person you see above, Deb Wills.

Deb is the founder of All Ears (http://www.allears.net/). All Ears (or AEN) is an everything Disney site that basically features any Disney experience or location you could ever imagine. It is an invaluable tool for families trying to plan anything Disney and/or for those of us who just can't get enough of the Mouse. Deb is a 20+ year breast cancer survivor and she has raised thousands upon thousands of dollars for breast cancer research. AEN team members Mike Scopa and Michelle Scribner-MacLean have started an AEN Running Team that will be participating in the Disney Marathon Weekend races while raising money for Deb's Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Team.

I have met Deb, e-mailed with Deb, and followed her site--she is one of those 'wow' kind of people and obviously makes an impact with whomever or whatever she comes in contact with. We are especially on the same page about this fact: understanding cancer and developing better tools to fight this disease is our path to a cure. The cure starts at the research lab bench and then safely moves to the hospital bedside. But that research can only continue with you and me, starting now.

Donations can be made on Deb's page--please remember to give our team Brownie-Points by writing 'Team All Ears--PICKLE' after your donation. You can also send checks via mail to:

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
C/o Deb Wills
3520 Sugarloaf Parkway, Suite F03-105
Fredrick, MD 21704
(checks can be written to 'Avon Walk for Breast Cancer')
Moving on to training week six...wish me luck. And give me money. Please&greatthanks.

No comments: